Labels

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rescue

So, I should be studying for exams that are coming up, but I'm a procrastinator and have smaller, easier, more fun, things to do! And writing is infinitely more fun. But, rest easy, I'm writing about a beautiful topic.

My Lord and savior, Jesus Christ.

Check this song out when you get a chance, it's called Rescue by Desperation Band, (Just click on the word "Rescue," sit back, and enjoy).

Awesome song, but, that's not the point. The point I'm making in this little, or not so little post, is these two lines from the song.

"I need you, Jesus, come to my rescue. Where else can I go?" and, "This world has nothing for me, I will follow you."

Beautiful, right? I sure think so. Let's dig a little deeper into the meaning, shall we?

We all have moments in our life where we feel beaten down, kicked around, crushed, destroyed, and alone. That's our enlightenment moment, where we realize, "Oh hey, I need some help," well either that or you think you can fix it all by yourself. Which, by the by, never works. That's coming from experience.

When we have those moments, who do you turn to? For me, the first person I turn to is whichever one of my friends is available at the moment. But, that's not how it should be! Who do we have anytime we need Him? No matter who we are, what we believe(ed), or what we do, or what we've done? We have Jesus.

"I need you Jesus, come to my rescue. Where else can I go?" There is just so much power in that one lyric I don't even know if I can give it justice. Jesus will never, ever, ever leave you. He is your Rescue in your time of need, call on Him and He will come to you. Where else can I go? No other thing in life can save me, no one else can be my rock, my strength, my life. He will save you if you call on Him.

But the sad thing is, once God has saved us from a dark situation...we leave Him. We've all done it, we go on this awesome Jesus high, we're so pumped up for Him and so excited to be with Him. But this life gets a hold of us again and we don't seek Him everyday, we don't praise Him with our all. We just...conform to life again.

How do we nip that in the butt and stop it for good?

"This world has nothing for me, I will follow you."

This world really and truly has nothing for us. This world is not permanent, this life on earth is short, it's not forever. This world has nothing, absolutely nothing, that will carry on in Heaven or Hell. It really has nothing for us. Now, of course there's love, but even that doesn't last to Heaven.

The only thing that is true and constant is the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

So put all of your energy into Him, spend time with Him, pursue a lasting relationship with Him. Because once we realize that this world really doesn't have anything for us, the chains of material things that were holding us back are now gone. And we can freely live for Him.

How great is that?

I think it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment